January 05, 2007

Oh Dear God

After spending Christmas back in the golden West, I came home with the urge to shake a little more of the residual California-ness out of my bones, much like I'm still shaking that stubborn Pacific sand out of my Ponys. Not to say that I'll give up the dream of eating curry for every meal now that I no longer live in a largely Asian city. But I've been in Chicago for two and a half months and I'm still itching to check out new things that are, you know...midwestern.

So, hockey, right? Tonight I'm going to a hockey game. If TV doesn't lie, this is a sport that consists entirely of brutal fighting. I'm not scared, just confused. Like I'm switching teams. And we all know that the only team I root for is the San Francisco Ballet (we kick ABT's ass!). I've been to a couple of baseball games and felt like I was missing something fundamental in whatever it was they were doing down there on the field. I'm used to spotlights onstage and a dark audience, so it's hard to focus on the action. You know, between their casual, spitty attitude and the mechanical rhythm of the game, it kind of felt like I was watching dudes work an assembly line.

But I'm excited about this, and it's an excuse to hang out with my droogs. Any enterprise that requires strapping blades on one's feet is fine by me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home