August 27, 2006

Lincoln Park Conservatory

HEY WHO LIKES PLANTS?


The Lincoln Park Conservatory, it would seem, was built in the 1890s, and only then, because unlike our Conservatory of Flowers at home, it doesn't burn down every 20 years. Like so many things in Chicago, it's also admission free.

Touch me, baby.



Okay, rhubarb's real. I owe you five dollars.



That's a grapefruit tree.




I just liked the "smell" sign on this one. Between the "touch" sign and this one, I was determined to find an "eat me," but unfortunately failed to spot it.




Spot the hippo!


Shakespeare sits outside. Quoth Hayley: "I'd recognize his bald pate anywhere."


Nice garters, Willy.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8/28/2006 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha very stylin! :D this place is great. I managed to get a sensitive plant to grow once, but some mean rain killed it...guess they are a bit sensitive. (roz)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home