September 23, 2006

Pulling a Bilbo Baggins

So, it's my birthday. I've gifted myself with a Zelda haircut. I'm going to a party tonight that is only about 15% birthday-related, so I figured it would be tacky to wait til then and ask for everyone's attention to make my big announcement that I'm moving to Chicago in a month. It's not really my party, see. And I'd just end up quoting Bilbo's birthday farewell speech from The Lord of the Rings. I sure love an excuse to say "eleventy-first," but his birthday's September 22nd, not the 23rd. God, why do I KNOW that?

San Francisco: five years is too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable...hobbits. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

*vanishes*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home