August 30, 2006

Kjersti's off to Seattle



Might I reiterate, this girl's skipping town right about now and I'm going to miss her guts something fierce.

I remember in the sophomore dorm, I lived right down the hall from her for a few months before I met her. Her door was always open and her crazy Amadeus laugh would roll along the hallway to the far end where I was busy thinking about Rivers Cuomo and having my awful outfits loudly mocked by the basketball team's girlfriends (can I just add that they all wore sweatsuits every day? Way to cast the first stone). I was intimidated by Kjersti because she did things like associate with humans and attend indie rock shows, while I was only vaguely aware of the existence of either. But I bit the bullet and got to know her, and she took me to my first indie show in San Francisco, Built to Spill. And introduced me to roughly a third of my friends. And I stopped wearing five layers of mismatched clothes. The rest has been golden.

Kjersti, you are a doll.

1 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with the post - sorry.

So, perhaps everybody meet up at Club Foot tonight? 2.50 well drinks and you said it was a cool place. I believe it is off the blue line, so that should make it easier for the Oak Park folks to make it, and you can get on the blue line in the loop when you are done with Navy Pier.

Let me know what you think, and I'll let others know.

- Hayley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home