January 20, 2007

Perv School Dropout

Ever get jeebied for no reason when somebody sits next to you on the train? I was merrily reading Carter Beats the Devil on the way home from the library when a total creepster man in purple earmuffs sat down and did that rude slantwise book-stare that I'll admit to doing, myself, to see what the population's reading. No, wait, he was staring at my dress. And slowly caressing the hem of it between his fingers. Oh, so THAT'S why I had felt jeebied. It took me a while to notice since I can't feel anything through my infinite layers of winter clothes. I got up, wedging my big hardcover book and my Snoopy tote behind me so he wouldn't "accidentally" touch my butt as I passed, and once I was settled next to a woman on the other end of the train, he followed and sat in the row behind me - but thankfully got off the train after a few stops.

I was too confused to even say anything to the jerk - what the hell kind of D-grade pervert does that? I carry mace everywhere but what do you do when the situation is about a hundred miles shy of physically dangerous? Lord knows the next one will steal my hat and start rhapsodically smelling it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1/25/2007 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always did get the weirder, cooler pervs. I just get the standard guys on the street yelling at me "HEY! You're fucking HOT!" as I walk by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home