February 10, 2007

Snow Day



Hey ho, it's February! The windchill's wavering between five above and fifteen below zero, I've gone through a cauldron's worth of stew, and I'm actually doing needlepoint in the evenings. Am I beat by this weather?

Oh hell no.

Yesterday I convinced someone to hang out at the lake with me so I could finally sate my curiousity to see what exactly happens to a large body of water in this weather. There's a yacht club somewhat inland that had frozen almost entirely over. We wandered around the abandoned zoo and found some surprisingly content camels in the snow, and saw real icebergs in the polar bear's cove (sadly, he didn't jump on them, but went inside instead. I am now officially tougher than a polar bear). I even made friends with a monkey.

A grand day out.

Photos are posted here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2/11/2007 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful pics,i love the red coat against the snow and the monkey one is so great-thanks Leah stay warm

 
At 2/11/2007 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...wow...you're on like another planet....I don't even know what to say....?!?!?!?!?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home